- The PJB Bass Cub II (Model BG-110) is the newly released, updated version of the popular Phil Jones Bass Cub that will be delivering in February 2020. The Bass Cub II is 110 watts of pure tone in a “shoebox” size package. It is so light, that it can be lifted with one finger!
Phil Jones Bass has developed a new amplifier design which has far greater transient attack from improved loudspeaker cone acceleration, greater dynamic range, and lower harmonic distortion. An upgraded power supply provides a rock-solid stable voltage and current to feed the amplifier.
In addition, PJB researched into a better loudspeaker, specially engineered for the BASS CUB 2 that gives a wider and smoother frequency response using our unique “Chrome-Dome” technology. It will provide increased headroom and speed to capture every nuance of bass playing, from gentle fingerstyle to hardcore slapping.
The BG-110 is available in black and red tolex.Two independent channels can accept two instruments or one...
- Celebrating 40 years of bass innovation, G&L is releasing a very limited Ruby Anniversary Edition of its iconic L-2000 bass designed by Leo Fender.
This Custom Shop edition sports an Okoume body with a 3A quilted maple top and a highly figured roasted maple neck. The L-2000 bass features Leo Fender’s powerful MFD pickups, Tri-Tone active/passive preamp and Saddle Lock Bridge.
These exquisite basses will be limited to 40 pieces worldwide.
Fullerton, CA. – January 31, 2020 – G&L Guitars
- Phil Jones Bass and Labella Strings first annual West Coast Solo Bass Contest was held on Thursday night at NAMM at the Clarion Hotel in front of a capacity crowd. The pre-selected finalists performed for a celebrity panel of judges that included bass legends Lee Sklar, Bakithi Kumalo, Bob Glaub, Oskar Cartaya, Jerry Watts, and producer Jeff Weber. The winners of the contest included Josh Cohen 1st place, Kirby Barber 2nd place, and Samual Smith 3rd place.
The evening began with a total of ten finalists that competed for prizes from sponsors that included PJB, Labella, NS Design, Warwick, Gizmotron, Bass Magazine, Marleux basses, Sandberg, Brubaker, and Lathon Basswear. Michael Albronda of Phil Jones Bass hosted the event along with assistance from Eric Labella.
The Solo Bass Contest is a popular annual event that takes place each October at the LaBella showroom in New York City. As a result of the success of the NAMM event plans are already underway to book a larger venue...
- The RockBass® Corvette Multi Scale 5 String Bass offers optimal playability, ergonomics and sound with its fanned frets. The lower the string, the longer its scale length - and the higher the string, the shorter its scale length: multi scale 35.5” to 34” (902 mm to 864 mm).
The RockBass® Corvette Multi Scale 5 String Bass features a red alder body with maple burl top, bolt-on maple neck with Ekanga veneer stripes and a wenge fingerboard with 24 extra-high nickel silver jumbo frets and graphite nut. Other features include passive MEC Soapbar pickups, active RockBass® 2-way electronics with volume / balance / treble / bass controls, two mini-switches (for switching the humbuckers (serial / one coil / parallel), standard dome speeds, Warwick machine heads, Warwick security locks, a 2-piece Warwick bridge, chrome hardware, Warwick RED strings and Nirvana Black Transparent Satin Finish. This exceptional RockBass® comes with a Starline RockBag and will be available as a right-handed...
- Geddy Lee has been performing without onstage amps and speakers since the Test for Echo Tour in 1996, favoring major household appliances instead. Wanting to streamline his gear for new projects, Geddy initially partnered with Tech 21 to design a Signature SansAmp, the GED-2112. This challenging collaboration involved distilling a rackload of equipment into a single rackspace. According to Geddy, “The GED-2112 is really a continuation of my long-time approach to bass tone. A ‘deep clean’ tone coupled with the ‘edgy crunch’ I get from the SansAmp RPM now all in one box.”
The GED-2112 rackmount introduced a new framework for Parallel Pre-Amping --having two separate internal pre-amps. Following this concept, the compact SansAmp YYZ pedal adapted the architectural structure to simplify blending the two signal paths. Merging the design of the rackmount and the portability of the pedal, the SansAmp DI-2112 offers yet another new format that is designed to be equally at home on a...